Bhakti Flow Teacher Training
The 60-hour module (50 onsite hours) focuses on the study of asana (Sanskrit and English) and articulation of alignment in the context of a class setting.
Students are encouraged to begin their 300-hour and 500-hour BFTT certification with the 60-hour module, however it is not a requirement. Students who have completed the 120-hour module are welcome to participate.
Please note, that the completion of a 60-hour Immersion module is required for all Bhakti Flow Teacher Trainees (open to qualified students with one year dedicated vinyasa practice in addition to exposure to Rusty's special form of instruction).
2013 Bhakti Flow Teacher Training, 60-Hour Immersion Module
April 1-5, 2013 San Francisco
Registration is NOW OPEN
(You must submit an online application!)
- February 1 - March 4, 2013
Required Home Study Assignment Period, 10 hours:
- Three week home study March 9-31, 2013
Monday, April 1: 8:00am-6:00pm
Tuesday, April 2: 8:00am-6:00pm
Wednesday, April 3: 8:00am-6:00pm
Thursday, April 4: 8:00am-6:00pm
Friday, April 5: 8:00am-6:00pm
- Urban Flow, San Francisco, CA
The cost of the Immersion Module (excluding text books, which will be approx $50-$85):
- 5% discount for cash payments.
- All payments are due March 4, 2013.
Please note that this module is the Immersion Module.
It is designed to help deepen your practice by way of studying individual yoga asanas, their key actions, benefits and contraindications.
You will be expected to know all of this information by the start of our group gathering.
1. You will learn everything you can about 40-50 yoga asanas.
2. We will email you the 'script' you must memorize for each pose. This will include benefits, contraindications, and instructions for teaching the poses. All students will present the same information without elaboration or creative interpretations.
3. It will be your responsibility to know this and and be ready to teach without notes by the first day of the training.
4. You will also be required to complete at least one essay prior to the training. The essays will be related to yoga philosophies and anatomy.
5. If you do not complete the Home Study requirements (and in a timely manner!) as directed, you will NOT be allowed to join the program.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
You must fill out an application on Rusty's sight to be considered for the program.
Home Study Weekly Assignments:
Four weeks prior to first gathering. Weekly reading and homework assignmen
"I taught my first class yesterday!!! It felt amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiration and the confidence to undertake this incredible role. You've given me the ability to change peoples' lives in such a positive way."
E.S. 2006 Graduate
NO PRIOR TEACHER TRAINING is required.
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED!
Complete this form to apply.
This teacher training suitable for:
- Experienced students of Vinyasa (flow) yoga - (minimum: one year vinyasa practice)
- Students who want to deepen their practice and can presently demonstrate acceptable form and alignment in many yoga poses
- Students wanting to teach vinyasa yoga
- Anyone with a day job
- Anyone burning out on their day job
- Graduates of other programs
- Continuing education
This program offers an opportunity for students to practice-teach, lead chants, study philosophy and share the blessings of yoga in a very loving and supportive atmosphere.
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED. Applications will be accepted on-line. Faculty review accepts qualified applicants.
Tuition DOES NOT include required reading materials
$500 NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT